“Scarface” fans should start saving their money for this limited-edition humidor celebrating the film. The humidor will be released for sale September 9. The Blu-ray edition of “Scarface” will be available for purchase September 6.
According to the press release, the humidor is created by renown humidor creator Daniel Marshall. The humidor’s exterior is hand painted and polished with the Marshall’s trademark “1000 coat brilliant finish,” and the interior is made with untreated Spanish cedar and will properly condition and age approximately 100 cigars at optimal humidity levels. These humidors are limited to 1000 worldwide; each humidor is individually numbers and comes embellished with custom medallions inspired by the iconic film and includes a certificate of authenticity.
The “Scarface” limited-edition Blu-ray has many special features, such as deleted scenes, featurettes, and various U-Control features:
– The Scarface Phenomenon- This all-new documentary presents Scarface as a unique phenomenon in cinema history. It explores how a film plagued by controversy leading up to its release has become a Hollywood classic, influencing a whole new generation of filmmakers and leaving a lasting imprint on popular culture.
– Deleted Scenes
– The World of Tony Montana -Experience the world of the ultimate gangster and hear from experts on the real world violence, fear and paranoia that surrounds a drug lord.
– The Rebirth -Director Brian De Palma, producer Martin Bregman, actor Al Pacino, and screenwriter Oliver Stone revisit the history of Scarface, from the inspiration of the original Howard Hawks classic to the evolution of the script.
– The Acting – Join the filmmakers, Al Pacino and Steven Bauer to discover how each of the roles was cast and how Brian De Palma worked with his actors to get unforgettable performances.
– The Creating – A fascinating, controversial and definitive journey through the making of the film, which began with the production being forced to leave its initial location in Florida. Discover how the chainsaw scene was filmed, learn about the production design, the photography, and the struggle to get the film an “R” rating.
– Scarface: The TV Version – A revealing and hilarious montage of film clips comparing the theatrical version to the network television version of Scarface.
– The Making of Scarface: The Video Game: Immerse yourself in the world of Scarface in this behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the video game.
– U-CONTROL FEATURES ON THIS BLU-RAY DISC:
– Scarface Scoreboard – Watch Scarface like never before. Keep track of the number of times the “F” word is used and monitor the bullets fired!
– Picture in Picture – Access interview footage of Brian De Palma, Al Pacino, Screenwriter Oliver Stone, and others without interruption to the movie experience. Also featured is a scene comparison between the 1983 version of Scarface and Howard Hawks’ original film.
– BD-LIVE – Access the BD-Live Center through your Internet-connected player to get even more content, watch the latest trailers and more.
– pocket BLU app – USHE’s groundbreaking pocket BLU app uses iPhone, iPad, iPod® touch, Smartphone, Android, PC and Macintosh to work seamlessly with a network-connected Blu-ray player and offers advanced features such as:
– Advanced Remote Control: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live functions with ease.
– Video Timeline: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the movie.
– Mobile-To-Go: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray discs to save to mobile devices or to stream from anywhere there’s a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy exclusive content on the go, anytime, anywhere.
– Keyboard: Enter data into a Blu-ray player with your device’s easy and intuitive keyboard to facilitate such Blu-ray features as chatting with friends and sending messages.
The Blu-ray also includes art cards from the “Scarface Kingpins of Design” fan art contest where fans had an opportunity to design Scarface-inspired artwork using classic images of Tony Montana. The winners in the contest are as follows:
Grand Prize Winner – Adolfo Maalindog (Gainesville, FL)
#2 – Macaulay Whiting (North Hollywood, CA)
#3 – Dean Simpson (Charleroi, PA)
#4 – Ty Webster (Massillon, OH)
#5 – Kris Kuhn (Medicine Hat, AB Canada)
#6 – Moises Arguello (Whittier, CA)
#7 – Andrea Mandarino (Huntington Station, NY)
#8 – Adam Paige (Omaha, NE)
#9 – Trevor Molag (North Vancouver, BC Canada)
#10 – Michael Avent (Greenbrier, TN)
As the grand winner, Maalindog has also won a trip for two to Las Vegas where his artwork will appear on a billboard to promote the Blu-ray release.
Below are pictures of the humidor, the contest art cards, and Blu-ray release.