According to Philly.com, Lenny Dykstra, ex-Philadelphia Phillies baseball star, has pulled out of “Battle of the Baseball Bad Boys,” part of Alki David’s Celebrity Fight Night, which streamed live on David’s FilmOn.com and on Pay-Per-View Saturday, November 5. Even more incredible is that he pulled out of the fight even after being paid $5,000 in cash, according to promoter Damon Feldman. Dykstra was scheduled to fight ex-Chicago White Sox star Jose Canseco.
According to the article, Feldman said he and David met with Dykstra Thursday and paid him the sum; Dykstra was also supposed to receive an additional $10,000 after fighting but told the promoters around 6 ET that he would not be attending.
I’m sure there are several sore people due to the no-show, but one person who seems really distraught about the issue is Dan Herman, who was Dykstra’s manager until Dykstra decided not to show up. Herman arranged for Dykstra to participate and also said the baseball star was paid part of his earnings in advance. Herman said that he grew up idolizing Dykstra, “but it was all a lie.”
What do you think caused Dykstra to pull out of the fight? Give your opinions in the comments section below.
Celebrity Fight Night will re-air on FilmOn.com this month.
UPDATE: It is our understanding that Daniel Herman of Philadelphia a former associate of Lenny Dykstra, mis-represented himself as Mr. Dykstra’s business manager to Damon Feldman a promoter of Alki David’s Celebrity Boxing Night. It is our understanding that Mr. Herman also misquoted Mr. Dykstra in a press release sent out earlier this week. Daniel Herman, a former associate of Mr. Dykstra’s is also in control of Mr. Dykstra’s twitter further mis-representing Mr. Dykstra’s intentions.
Mr. David and Mr Dykstra met last week and even though Mr. Dykstra was willing to take part in the match against Jose Canseco as a charitable novelty event, Mr. Dykstra was unable to attend because of personal reasons.