There are several things to be thankful for this entertainment season, but here are the five that I’m the most thankful for.
1. “Pan Am” bringing back the glamor of the Golden Age of Flying: Yes, the show might be on its last leg (I’m still a fan, though), but the show has done something similar to that seminal “rewind-to-the-1960s” show, “Mad Men”–it brought back vintage fashion. In “Pan Am”‘s case, the classic handbag and carry-ons that the stewardesses carry have been snatched up by everyone, so much so that the official Pan Am site was, at one point, sold out.
2. The Muppets coming back!: I’ve always been a big fan of the Muppets, so I can’t wait to go see “The Muppets” in the movie theater. It’s been far too long, and their brand of humor has been sorely missed.
3. “Once Upon A Time” bringing the family together: There are a few shows I watch with my sisters, “Once Upon A Time” being one of them. The stories and visuals are great and riveting, but aside from the show being awesome, I am also thankful for the show because it provides my sisters and I some quality bonding time.
4. J.R. Martinez winning “Dancing With the Stars”: I was rooting for J.R. since the beginning, and it’s so good to see someone so deserving (serving our country, providing motivation and inspiration to others) to win.
5. The upcoming Oscar season: Even though the Oscars can be quite predictable, it’s similar to the Super Bowl–you have to watch it because it’s tradition. I love playing the game of seeing who will win each category, eating Oscar party snacks, and generally having fun watching people win awards. Yes, it may be predictable, but it’s always fun.
What things in entertainment are you thankful for?