The box office results for the weekend of June 7th – 9th has intrigue winning over the redundant as The Purge attracted the masses. Here are the studio estimates:
1. The Purge ($36.4 million)
2. Fast & Furious 6 ($19.8 million)
3. Now You See Me ($19.5 million)
4. The Internship ($18.1 million)
5. Epic ($12.1 million)
6. Star Trek Into Darkness ($11.7 million)
7. After Earth ($11.2 million)
8. The Hangover Part III ($7.3 million)
9. Iron Man 3 ($5.7 million)
10. The Great Gatsby ($4.2 million)
–The Purge is an instant Sleeper Hit as it only rang up a $3 million production bill.
–The Internship was raised to life for $58 million yet won’t be seeing dividends on the domestic front nor the overseas market after the shaky opening entry. Plus, the lovely critics and audiences aren’t too enamored with the product. Hello, Flop Alert.
–Iron Man 3 currently holds the longest streak in the top ten with 6 weeks. Domestically, it has risen to $394.3 million.
This week, Wednesday brings in This Is the End and Friday is all about Man of Steel. Reviews will be right here my fellow Shockers!