I’ve reported on the news that has trickled out about the upcoming Jackie Robinson biopic “42,” starring Chadwick Boseman and Harrison Ford. Now that the film is on a roll, I can now report that there is now an open casting call!
If you’re in the Birmingham, AL or Chattanooga, TN areas, make sure to get your 1940s hair and clothes ready–the casting directors of Catrett Locke will be in your town either April 9 (for Birmingham) or April 10 (Chattanooga). Even better is that all positions are paid!
Here are the details:
There will be only one open call per state and is open for ages 18 and up only please. Must be legal to work in the United States.
The open casting calls will be held on consecutive days in Alabama and Tennessee.
1) Birmingham, AL, on Monday, April 9, 2012 from 11 am- 4 pm at Boutwell Auditorium in downtown Birmingham located at 1930 Reverend Abraham Woods Jr Blvd. Parking tickets from deck next to Boutwell will be validated at registration.
2) Chattanooga, TN on Tuesday, April 10, 2012 from 11 am- 4 pm atEastgate Town Center (I-24 and I-75) at the center court by the fountain located at 5600 Brainerd Dr., Chattanooga, TN. Enter by Electric Cowboy. Free Parking.
Specifically Seeking: (Ages 18+, no kids)
- Casting ages 18 and over for “ALL LOOKS”- Looking for great character faces
- Baseball fans, umpires and coaches
- People with the 1940’s look.
- Everyone, please come relaxed and dress In your best 1940’s attire
- ABSOLUTELY NO BROWN
- Women-Dresses, oxford shoes, pumps, hats (small) vintage if they have them
- Men-Dress pants, Short Sleeve button shirts, suspenders,sportcoats, dress shoes
Free parking. Please bring a pen and headshots if you have them. Please know your wardrobe sizes (height, waist, inseam, shoe, etc.).
I’m excited, especially since the film will be in my hometown! Good luck to all who go to the casting call (which might include me).
(Picture originally published in LOOK, v. 19, no. 4, 1955 Feb. 22, p. 78. From the Library of Congress.)